Custom Marine Boat Docks
Your Full Service Marine Construction Contractor Since 1987
When it comes to designing custom boat docks, no one produces better quality boat docks than Wood Dock and Seawall. Wood Dock and Seawall specializes in creating custom residential and commercial boat docks in Manatee and Sarasota Counties. From traditional private boat docks to a full-sized marina, we are the trusted team to choose. When building boat docks, your boat dock should be compatible with your needs and your lifestyle. Wood Dock and Seawall’s team of experts will work with you from the start of your boat dock design to the final build to help ensure that your new boat dock is built exactly how you dreamed it would be. Our residential and commercial boat docks are available in a wide variety of sizes and dimensions to accommodate your needs and its surroundings. When you choose Wood Dock & Seawall, you can rest assured knowing that you are not only receiving the best service and workmanship for your investment, but you are also receiving the highest quality products from the brands you know and trust such as WearDeck™, Trex®, Lumberock®, TimberTech® and Hi-Tide®.
Already have a boat dock? Does you boat dock need repairs or a facelift?
Along with new custom boat dock design and installation, Wood Dock and Seawall also offers boat dock repair and maintenance. We can repair your current boat dock or help give it a new improved look. Whatever your marine construction needs may be, contact Wood Dock and Seawall.
Boat Dock Features
Building your boat dock is as important to us as it is to you, which is why we offer nothing less than the best. Some of our boat dock features include:
- Marine Grade Pressure Treated Lumber: 8 – 10 inch 2.5 C.C.A. marine grade pressure-treated piling and decking with upgrades to the composite decking of your choice.
- Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts: When building our boat docks, we attach the entire substructure with stainless steel carriage bolts.
- Stainless Steel Screws: All decking is secured with stainless steel screws.
What Type of Boat Dock Do I Need?
Choosing the right type of boat dock for your property involves more than just selecting a style that is visually pleasing. There are a variety of things to consider when determining your docks needs.
Asking yourself the following questions will be helpful.
- How many boats will the dock be accommodating?
- Will the dock be accommodating any other watercrafts such as kayaks or jet skis?
- What is the depth of the water?
- What are the conditions of the water in your area? Is there heavy boat traffic or frequent storms?
- What is your budget for building the dock?
- Do you have time to maintain the dock yourself?
Types of Boat Docks
After determining your answers to the above questions, determining the type of dock and type of material would be the next step. Two types of boat docks that are offered by Wood Dock & Seawall are:
- Traditional Permanent or Fixed Boat Docks: Permanent or fixed boat docks are long lasting and very durable. They are made with high quality materials and sturdy construction.
- Floating Boat Docks: Floating boat docks are made of low maintenance materials which make them easy to maintain.
Boat Dock Decking Material
Wood Dock & Seawall offers only the finest selection of decking material to design your boat dock. The types of decking material we offer are:
- Marine grade pressure-treated wood pilling and a pressure-treated wood decking – Pressure treated wood decking is a very popular choice for boat docks and marinas. It offers a traditional wood grain appearance which compliments a nautical setting. In addition to the aesthetic appeal, pressure treated wood dock planking is also one of the most cost-effective decking material for boat docks, which helps to make it a great option for small residential projects as well as larger marinas that are on a budget.
- Composite decking material – If you are looking for a more maintenance-free dock, then composite decking is the choice for homeowners and marinas. Composite decking is available in a variety of colors which are often fade-resistant, and don’t require any staining or sealing throughout its lifetime. In addition to being low maintenance, most composite dock decking options are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty for both residential and commercial properties.
What Sets Us Apart from the Others
service since 1987
fully insured & licensed
Marine docktor retail showroom
Hi-tide boat lift dealer
residential & commercial service
Schedule Your Free Consultation