Custom Marine Boat Docks Siesta Key
Fun on the Water in Siesta Key Starts with Great Boat Docks
For installation and repair of boat docks in Siesta Key, contact Wood Dock and Seawall. Established in 1987, we are one of the oldest and most experienced marine construction contractors in the area. With over 30 years of experience, we have built thousands of boat docks. At Wood Dock and Seawall, our docks are custom designed to meet your unique waterfront needs. Each dock we build is installed by experts and constructed with the highest quality materials. Not only will this ensure your dock meets your needs, but it will also ensure your dock stands the test of time. Our boat dock projects have ranged from full scale marina replacements to private boat dock installations. As a fully licensed marine construction contractor, we handle all aspects of your installation or repair, from pulling permits to construction.
Does your Dock need Repair Services? Is it Damaged Due to a Storm?
We are all aware, living in Siesta Key, of the damage that can occur from hurricanes and tropical storms. However, it doesn’t take a natural disaster for your dock to sustain damage. If your dock is damaged, give us a call. Along with boat dock installation, we also offer boat dock repair and maintenance. We can repair your current boat dock or help give it a new and improved look. Whatever your marine construction needs may be, contact Wood Dock and Seawall.
What are the Signs That Your Boat Dock Needs Repair?
A well maintained boat dock made with pressure treated wood or composite can last for years to come. However, if you are looking to maximize your dock’s lifespan, it is important to repair your dock when necessary. Pay attention to signs that your dock needs professional service by watching out for the following:
- Aging Hardware
- Excessive Algae Growth
- Loose Boards
- Peeling Paint
- Rotten Wood
- Rusting Steel Components
- Warps and Cracks
What Type of Boat Dock Do I Need?
Choosing the right type of boat dock for your property involves more than just selecting a style that is visually pleasing. There are a variety of things to consider when determining your docks needs. Asking yourself the following questions will be helpful.
- How many boats will the dock be accommodating?
- Will the dock be accommodating any other watercrafts such as kayaks or jet skis?
- What is the depth of the water?
- What are the conditions of the water in your area? Is there heavy boat traffic or frequent storms?
- What is your budget for building the dock?
- Do you have time to maintain the dock yourself?
Types of Boat Docks
After determining your answers to the above questions, finding the dock type and material would be the next step. That being said, there are two types of boat docks that are offered by Wood Dock & Seawall, including:
Traditional Permanent or Fixed Boat Docks
Permanent or fixed boat docks are long lasting and very durable. Additionally, they are made with high quality materials and sturdy construction.
Floating Boat Docks
Floating boat docks are made of low maintenance materials which make them easy to maintain.
Boat Dock Features
Building your boat dock is as important to us as it is to you, which is why we offer nothing less than the best. In short, some of our boat dock features include:
- Marine Grade Pressure Treated Lumber: 8 – 10 inch 2.5 C.C.A. marine grade pressure-treated piling and decking with upgrades to the composite decking of your choice.
- Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts: When building our boat docks, we attach the entire substructure with stainless steel carriage bolts.
- Stainless Steel Screws: All decking is secured with stainless steel screws.
Boat Dock Decking Material
Wood Dock & Seawall offers only the finest selection of decking material to design your boat dock. As a result, we offer the following types of decking material:
- Marine grade pressure-treated wood pilling and a pressure-treated wood decking – Pressure treated wood decking is a very popular choice for boat docks and marinas. This type of decking offers a traditional wood grain appearance which compliments a nautical setting. Additionally, pressure treated wood dock planking is also one of the most cost-effective decking materials for boat docks.
- Composite decking material – If you are looking for a more maintenance-free dock, then composite decking is perfect for you. Composite decking is available in a variety of colors which are often fade-resistant. Plus, they don’t require any staining or sealing. In addition to being low maintenance, most composite dock decking options are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty for both residential and commercial properties.
Work with The Best Marine Construction Contractor for Your Custom Boat Docks in Siesta Key
Wood Dock and Seawall has been the marine construction contractor of choice in Siesta Key for over 30 years. In that time, we have gained the knowledge and experience needed to install or repair any fixed or floating boat dock. Our team is committed to providing you with the highest quality products and finest craftsmanship in the industry. So, if you need a new dock built or your existing dock repaired, contact us today! Otherwise, you can reach us online at the bottom of the page.
Wood Dock & Seawall recently redid my 25 year old dock. They did an amazing job and were great to work with. I would highly recommend them!
What Sets Us Apart from the Others Includes:
service since 1987
fully insured & licensed
Marine docktor retail showroom
Hi-tide boat lift dealer
residential & commercial service
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Using High Quality Products From the Best of the Best
When you choose Wood Dock and Seawall to install or repair your boat docks in Siesta Key, you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best service for your investment. At the same time, you are receiving the highest quality products in the market, including:
Areas We Service
Anna Maria Island, Bayshore Gardens, Braden River, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Bradenton East, Cortez, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Oneco, Palmetto, Palma Sola, Parrish, Samoset, Snead Island, South Bradenton, Memphis, West Bradenton, Whitfield
Bee Ridge, Bird Key, Casey Key, Fruitville, Gulf Gate Estates, Kensington Park, Laurel, Lido Key, Nokomis, North Sarasota, Osprey, Plantation, Sarasota , Sarasota Springs, Siesta Key, South Sarasota, South Venice, St Armands Key, Tallevast, The Meadows, University Park