Boat Docks Sarasota
Over 35 years of Experience Building Boat Docks in Sarasota
If you are looking for a boat dock builder, you have come to the right place. At Wood Dock and Seawall, we specialize in building boat docks in Sarasota. Not only are our docks durable, but they are also custom-built. As a result, they will accommodate both your lifestyle and waterfront needs. Plus, as marine construction contractors, we have extensive experience with waterfront construction. This incudes boat docks. In fact, we have over 35 years of experience. All in all, whether you are looking for a personal boat dock, or a larger commercial dock, we can help. In either case, we can build you a beautiful, functional dock.
Types of Boat Docks in Sarasota
There are two types of boat docks that are offered by Wood Dock & Seawall, including:
Traditional Permanent or Fixed Boat Docks
If your dock needs to accommodate high traffic, a fixed dock is a great option. Unlike floating docks, fixed docks will experience less movement from watercraft activity and foot traffic. By and large, there are many additional benefits.
Floating Boat Docks
Unlike fixed docks, floating docks adapt to changing water levels. In other words, when the tides rise and fall, floating docks remain level with your boat. Additionally, floating boat docks do not need pilings or substructures for support. Consequently, they are quicker and easier to install.
What Type of Boat Dock Do I Need?
Choosing the right type of boat dock for your property involves more than just selecting a style that is visually pleasing. Generally speaking, there are a variety of things to consider when determining your docks needs. In other words, asking yourself the following questions will be helpful.
- How many boats will the dock be accommodating?
- Will the dock be accommodating any other watercrafts such as kayaks or jet skis?
- What is the depth of the water?
- What are the conditions of the water in your area? Is there heavy boat traffic or frequent storms?
- What is your budget for building the dock?
- Do you have time to maintain the dock yourself?
Boat Dock Decking Material
Wood Dock & Seawall offers only the finest selection of decking material to design your boat dock. Not only are our docks durable, they are long-lasting. As a result, we offer the following types of decking material:
- Marine grade pressure-treated wood pilling and a pressure-treated wood decking – Pressure treated wood decking is a very popular choice for boat docks and marinas. After all, this type of decking offers a traditional wood grain appearance. Additionally, pressure treated wood dock planking is also one of the most cost-effective decking materials for boat docks.
- Composite decking material – If you are looking for a more maintenance-free dock, then composite decking is for you. In the first place, composite decking is available in a variety of colors. Which are often fade-resistant. Additionally, staining and sealing is not required. Furthermore, most composite dock decking options are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty.
Boat Dock Features
Building your boat dock is as important to us as it is to you. As a result, we offer nothing less than the best. In short, some of our boat dock features include:
- Marine Grade Pressure Treated Lumber: 8 – 10 inch 2.5 C.C.A. marine grade pressure-treated piling and decking with upgrades to the composite decking of your choice.
- Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts: When building our boat docks, we attach the entire substructure with stainless steel carriage bolts.
- Stainless Steel Screws: All decking is secured with stainless steel screws.
Work with The Best Marine Construction Contractor for Your Custom Boat Docks in Sarasota
Wood Dock and Seawall is boat dock builder of choice in Sarasota. With 30 years of experience, we have the knowledge and experience needed to build or repair any boat dock. Additionally, our team is committed to providing you with the highest quality products. Plus, the finest craftsmanship in the industry. So, if you need a new dock built or your existing dock repaired, contact us today! Otherwise, you can reach us online at the bottom of the page.
Wood Dock & Seawall recently redid my 25 year old dock. They did an amazing job and were great to work with. I would highly recommend them!
To Summarize, What Sets Us Apart from the Others Includes:
service since 1987
fully insured & licensed
Marine docktor retail showroom
Hi-tide boat lift dealer
residential & commercial service
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Using High Quality Products From the Best of the Best
When you choose Wood Dock and Seawall to install or repair your boat dock, you can rest assured that you are receiving the best service for your investment. At the same time, you are receiving the highest quality products in the market, including:
Areas We Service
Anna Maria Island, Bayshore Gardens, Braden River, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Bradenton East, Cortez, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Oneco, Palmetto, Palma Sola, Parrish, Samoset, Snead Island, South Bradenton, Memphis, West Bradenton, Whitfield
Bee Ridge, Bird Key, Casey Key, Fruitville, Gulf Gate Estates, Kensington Park, Laurel, Lido Key, Nokomis, North Sarasota, Osprey, Plantation, Sarasota , Sarasota Springs, Siesta Key, South Sarasota, South Venice, St Armands Key, Tallevast, The Meadows, University Park