Custom Marine Boat Docks Lido Key
We Custom Design Marine Boat Docks in Lido Key that are Durable, Beautiful and Increase the Value of Your Waterfront Property
If you are looking for a marine construction contractor that builds affordable, beautiful, and durable boat docks in Lido Key, contact Wood Dock and Seawall. Established in 1987, Wood Dock and Seawall is one of the oldest and most experienced residential and commercial marine construction companies in Sarasota and Manatee counties. Whether you are looking for a floating dock or a traditional permanent or fixed dock, our team can fulfill the dock needs of your property, large or small. We specialize in creating custom residential and commercial boat docks designed to fit your lifestyle and waterfront property needs. Our boat docks are made of the highest quality marine grade pressure treated wood and composite decking from the brands you know and trust such as WearDeck™, Trex®, Lumberock®, TimberTech. From private boat docks to a full-sized marina, we are the trusted team to choose.
Do you Already have a Boat Dock? Does your Boat Dock need Maintenance or Repairs in Lido Key?
Along with new custom boat dock design and installation, Wood Dock and Seawall also offers boat dock repair and maintenance. We can repair your current boat dock or help give it a new improved look. Whatever your marine construction needs may be, contact Wood Dock and Seawall.
Boat Dock Features
Building your boat dock is as important to us as it is to you, which is why we offer nothing less than the best. Some of our boat dock features include:
- Marine Grade Pressure Treated Lumber: 8 – 10 inch 2.5 C.C.A. marine grade pressure-treated piling and decking with upgrades to the composite decking of your choice.
- Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts: When building our boat docks, we attach the entire substructure with stainless steel carriage bolts.
- Stainless Steel Screws: All decking is secured with stainless steel screws.
What Type of Boat Dock Do I Need?
Choosing the right type of boat dock for your property involves more than just selecting a style that is visually pleasing. There are a variety of things to consider when determining your docks needs.
Asking yourself the following questions will be helpful.
- How many boats will the dock be accommodating?
- Will the dock be accommodating any other watercrafts such as kayaks or jet skis?
- What is the depth of the water?
- What are the conditions of the water in your area? Is there heavy boat traffic or frequent storms?
- What is your budget for building the dock?
- Do you have time to maintain the dock yourself?
Types of Boat Docks in Lido Key
After determining your answers to the above questions, determining the type of dock and type of material would be the next step. Two types of boat docks that are offered by Wood Dock & Seawall are:
- Traditional Permanent or Fixed Boat Docks: Permanent or fixed boat docks are long lasting and very durable. They are made with high quality materials and sturdy construction.
- Floating Boat Docks: Floating boat docks are made of low maintenance materials which make them easy to maintain.
What are the Benefits of Floating Docks?
Floating boat docks have become one of the most popular options for waterfront properties. Some of the benefits that have contributed to the rising popularity of floating docks include:
- Adaptability – A floating dock will adjust to rising and falling water levels.
- Well Suited for Storm Prone Areas – Because floating docks rise and fall with water levels, the moving platform won’t put stress on the mooring lines.
- Easy & Quick Installation – Floating docks are not fixed to a seabed which makes installation quicker.
- Easy to Maintain – Floating boat docks are made of low maintenance materials which make them easy to maintain.
- Customizable – They are available in a variety of sizes and styles
- Easy Removal – Floating docks can be moved or removed
- Cost Effective – Floating docks are affordable
- Prevents Boat Damage – Floating docks can help prevent damage to your boat during a hurricane or tropical storm.
Marine Boat Dock Decking Material
Wood Dock & Seawall offers only the finest selection of decking material to design your boat dock. The types of decking material we offer are:
- Marine grade pressure-treated wood pilling and a pressure-treated wood decking – Pressure treated wood decking is a very popular choice for boat docks and marinas. It offers a traditional wood grain appearance which compliments a nautical setting. In addition to the aesthetic appeal, pressure treated wood dock planking is also one of the most cost-effective decking material for boat docks, which helps to make it a great option for small residential projects as well as larger marinas that are on a budget.
- Composite decking material – If you are looking for a more maintenance-free dock, then composite decking is the choice for homeowners and marinas. Composite decking is available in a variety of colors which are often fade-resistant, and don’t require any staining or sealing throughout its lifetime. In addition to being low maintenance, most composite dock decking options are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty for both residential and commercial properties.
We are the Marine Construction Contractor of Choice for Installation and Repair of Boat Docks in Lido Key and Waterfront Communities throughout Sarasota County
From Bay Island and Country Club Shores to Indian Beach and Bird Key, Wood Dock & Seawall is your Sarasota county expert for all things having to do with boat lifts, boat docks, seawalls, jet ski lifts and more. If you own a home or business on the water and need professional boat dock services, we are the contractor to call. We proudly serve the following waterfront communities:
- Bay Island
- Bay Isles
- Bird Key
- Country Club Shores
- Lighthouse Point
- Harbor Acres
- Bay View Acres
- Sapphire Shores
- Sorrento Shores
- Southpointe Shores
- Indian Beach
- And More
Work with The Best Marine Construction Contractor for Your Custom Boat Docks in Lido Key
Wood Dock & Seawall offers our customers over 30 years of experience. We are committed to delivering the highest quality products and the best customer service in the industry. You can count on us for professional service throughout your installation or repair. From boat docks to seawalls and boat lifts, we have worked with thousands of customers helping them solve their marine needs. Whether you are a homeowner, property manager, home builder, developer, private corporation or marina, contact us for all your needs. Contact us today!
Great experience! Joey was very knowledgeable and helpful from the begging of the estimate, layout,design to the construction and completion of the project. Debbie was terrific with the communication between crews, billing, permitting departments, returned calls and emails promptly through out the process. Great family business to work with we are thrilled with the end result!
What Sets Us Apart from the Others
service since 1987
fully insured & licensed
Marine docktor retail showroom
Hi-tide boat lift dealer
residential & commercial service
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Using High Quality Products From the Best of the Best
Areas We Service
Anna Maria Island, Bayshore Gardens, Braden River, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Bradenton East, Cortez, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Oneco, Palmetto, Palma Sola, Parrish, Samoset, Snead Island, South Bradenton, Memphis, West Bradenton, Whitfield
Bee Ridge, Bird Key, Casey Key, Fruitville, Gulf Gate Estates, Kensington Park, Laurel, Lido Key, Nokomis, North Sarasota, Osprey, Plantation, Sarasota , Sarasota Springs, Siesta Key, South Sarasota, South Venice, St Armands Key, Tallevast, The Meadows, University Park