Boat Docks Bird Key
An Outstanding Day on the Water in Bird Key Starts with Exceptional Boat Docks
When it comes to designing outstanding boat docks in Bird Key, no one produces better quality boat docks than Wood Dock and Seawall. Wood Dock & Seawall, established in 1987, is one of the oldest and most experienced marine construction specialists in the area. Whether you are looking to install a new dock or ready to replace an old one, our team of experts will work with you from the start of your boat dock design to the final build to help ensure that your new boat dock is built exactly how you dreamed it would be. With over 30 years of experience, we understand waterfront property in Bird Key and overlook no details when designing your custom boat dock. Our residential and commercial boat docks are available in a wide variety of sizes and dimensions to accommodate your needs and its surroundings. When you choose Wood Dock & Seawall, you can rest assured knowing that you are not only receiving the best service and workmanship for your investment, but you are also receiving the highest quality products from the brands you know and trust such as WearDeck™, Trex®, Lumberock®, TimberTech® and Hi-Tide®.
Boat Dock Features
Marine Grade Pressure Treated Lumber
8 – 10 inch 2.5 C.C.A. marine grade pressure-treated piling and decking with upgrades to the composite decking of your choice.
Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts
When building our boat docks, we attach the entire substructure with stainless steel carriage bolts.
Stainless Steel Screws
All decking is secured with stainless steel screws.
Already have a Boat Dock? Does you Boat Dock Need Repairs or a Facelift?
Along with new custom boat dock design and installation, Wood Dock and Seawall also offers boat dock repair and maintenance. We can repair your current boat dock or help give it a new improved look. Whatever your marine construction needs may be, contact Wood Dock and Seawall.
What Type of Boat Dock Do I Need?
Choosing the right type of boat dock for your property involves more than just selecting a style that is visually pleasing. There are a variety of things to consider when determining your docks needs. Asking yourself the following questions will be helpful.
- How many boats will the dock be accommodating?
- Will the dock be accommodating any other watercrafts such as kayaks or jet skis?
- What is the depth of the water?
- What are the conditions of the water in your area? Is there heavy boat traffic or frequent storms?
- What is your budget for building the dock?
- Do you have time to maintain the dock yourself?
Types of Boat Docks
After determining your answers to the above questions, finding the dock type and material would be the next step. That being said, there are two types of boat docks that are offered by Wood Dock & Seawall, including:
Traditional Permanent or Fixed Boat Docks
Floating Boat Docks
Boat Dock Decking Material
Wood Dock & Seawall offers only the finest selection of decking material to design your boat dock. As a result, we offer the following types of decking material:
- Marine grade pressure-treated wood pilling and a pressure-treated wood decking: Pressure treated wood decking is a very popular choice for boat docks and marinas. This type of decking offers a traditional wood grain appearance which compliments a nautical setting. Additionally, pressure treated wood dock planking is also one of the most cost-effective decking materials for boat docks.
- Composite decking material: If you are looking for a more maintenance-free dock, then composite decking is perfect for you. Composite decking is available in a variety of colors which are often fade-resistant. Plus, they don’t require any staining or sealing. In addition to being low maintenance, most composite dock decking options are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty for both residential and commercial properties.
Which Type of Dock is Best Suited for Choppy Water?
Unlike floating docks that sit on top of the water, fixed boat docks provide more stability in choppy waters. Floating docks are affected by waters movement causing them to bounce up and down. A fixed dock remains in place making them ideal for areas where waves and choppy water are prevalent. Fixed docks will give you a sturdier footing when getting in or out of your boat making them the preferred choice for areas that have heavy foot traffic, strong tides, or wave action. Additional benefits include:
- Quality Materials and Custom Designs: A fixed dock can be customized to fit your surrounding landscaping, marine wildlife, and property constructed from the highest quality marine grade pressure treated wood material or composite material.
- Extend you Living Space: Fixed dock are stable, secure and can support more weight than a floating dock. You can extend your living space by adding furniture, a bar area, lighting, railings and more.
- Withstand Storms: Fixed docks are built with sturdy construction and the highest quality materials, which helps them remain in place during a weather event.
Increase the Value of your Waterfront Property in Bird Key with Beautiful and Durable Boat Docks from Wood Dock & Seawall
Wood Dock & Seawall offers our customers over 30 years of experience. We are committed to delivering the highest quality products and the best customer service in the industry. You can count on us for professional service throughout your installation or repair. From boat docks to seawalls and boat lifts, we have worked with thousands of customers helping them solve their marine needs. Whether you are a homeowner, property manager, home builder, developer, private corporation, or marina, contact us for all your needs. Contact us today!
Great experience! Joey was very knowledgeable and helpful from the begging of the estimate, layout,design to the construction and completion of the project. Debbie was terrific with the communication between crews, billing, permitting departments, returned calls and emails promptly through out the process. Great family business to work with we are thrilled with the end result!
What Sets Us Apart from the Others
service since 1987
fully insured & licensed
Marine docktor retail showroom
Hi-tide boat lift dealer
residential & commercial service
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Using High Quality Products From the Best of the Best
When you choose Wood Dock and Seawall to install or repair your boat dock, you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best service for your investment. At the same time, you are receiving the highest quality products in the market, including:
Areas We Service
Anna Maria Island, Bayshore Gardens, Braden River, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Bradenton East, Cortez, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Oneco, Palmetto, Palma Sola, Parrish, Samoset, Snead Island, South Bradenton, Memphis, West Bradenton, Whitfield
Bee Ridge, Bird Key, Casey Key, Englewood, Fruitville, Gulf Gate Estates, Kensington Park, Laurel, Lido Key, Myakka , Nokomis, North Port, North Sarasota, Osprey, Plantation, Sarasota , Sarasota Springs, Siesta Key, South Sarasota, South Venice, St Armands Key, Tallevast, The Meadows, University Park, Vamo, Venice, Venice Gardens, Warm Mineral Springs